Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

The parts never fit right!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:10 am    

The parts never fit right!

Quote:
Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 10:34 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hey everybody.
I just received a new rod firebox and it doesn't have clearance for my gas attachment.
Anybody have any ideas? I don't know how to weld, so I am not sure what to do.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Dano
Quote:
R.J's Twin: Dear Dano we will be selling welding machines and retile kits along with all 2009 models beginning January 1st as our post Christmas sale. As all Kamado owners know there is always some reasonable maintenance that goes along with owning the finest BBQ in the world. So take a welding class and a tiling class in the mean time. Best of luck until then your friend R.J's Twin.
Surprised
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:26 pm    

This is incredible. RJ said that he had fixed this problem. I guess you can believe that about as much as you can believe anything else RJ says.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:36 pm    

Another POSFB Fanboy Resolution!

Quote:
Brianw
Post Number: 1583
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 11:57 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Dano: I think some have solved the issue by simply putting a few thick nuts (hardware nuts, not walnuts) at intervals around the shelf where the rod box rests, thus raising the rod box enough to clear the gas attachment.

Dano
Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 12:20 pm:

Brian, do you attach these nuts to the wall of the K or do you attach them to the firebox?
I was thinking every time I go to clean out the ashes the washers will fall into the bottom of the K into the ash.
Thanks for your response.
Dano

Alanz
Post Number: 1202
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 1:07 pm:

Although I don't have the clearance problem, I thought this might help for those who do. Click here for some photos of a 5 minute fix.
Quote:
R.J's Twin: Hello again Dano, You see it's only a simple five minute fix and we all help each other here. Don't worry about the washers falling into the ash during clean up. We suggest just buying a big bag this way you always have plenty on hand as they are also very useful for the other repairs that you will experience. When you buy a kamado you not only get the best BBQ in the world you also become one of the family. By the way your welding equipment should be on the boat last week in december. A merry Christmas to you and yours from Team Kamado. Very Happy
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:12 am    

You have got to read this to believe it!

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2384
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 7:39 pm:

Thanks everyone for helping Dano. What a nice asset to have the forum to help each other. On the Rod Firebox height, I might add my two cents also. for the additional height for the Rod Firebox and other situations, I like adding the necessary height to the ledge (where the FB sits). Dano, if you put a little M63 or Rutland Furnace cement on the ledge in about 4 or 5 one inch sections and lower the Rod Firebox (with grease or some other substance on the Rod Firebox and lower it before the M63 or other sets up, you will accomplish the same job as the other suggestions.

On another subject, we are celebrating Laura and Tara's birthdays this week end so we might be missing forum posts.

Richard

Brianw
Post Number: 1584
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 7:58 pm:

Richard's two cents worth is valued at about $100. He's got the best answer
No need for a quote from R.J's Twin the real one is much better. As for BrianW Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: