Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

fire ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wellzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 pm    

fire ring

like most of you i have problems with my kamado, only the lucky thing is it was given to me. but now it has big problems the fire ring is in about 8 peaces. i have tryed to get in touch rj/kamado to buy another but as you know they will not respond. so do you guys have any ideas

thanks
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:33 pm    

I had good luck with rutland furnace cement. Try using it liberally as a glue and coating. As I recall, I had to heat it to help it cure, but when it was done, the stuff was diamond hard. In my case I was repairing a broken neck/spin-top, so I built a small fire in the firebox to heat the unit... in your case... you might have to get a little creative since the item being fixed IS the fire ring.
wellzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm    

thanks for your help i will give it a try
tskyrocket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 am    

Ring repair

Did you make the Rutland repairs with the ring in place in the K? My #7 ring is in 3 large segments that I would not want to take out as it still works.
Thanks.
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:47 am    

And, don't forget to leave room for expansion!!!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm    

My fire ring is in four pieces. Evil or Very Mad

I cant find Rutland anywhere locally, so i am going to give it a go with muffler putty from the auto parts store. I bought some aluminum screen and some copper picture hanging wire in case i needed to wire the pieces back together.

My master plan is to use some JB weld to stick the pieces together. But JB will not hold beyond about 500 degrees, so I am just sticking them together in order to keep it in one piece while i do the repairs. Once i have it in one piece, I am going to cut some strips of aluminum screen, and patch over the joints using muffler putty to hold it all together.

You know, after explaining that plan, maybe it would be easier to just find myself some rutland and save the muffler paste for sealing the cracks all over the interior?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: