Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

What in the world?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 am    

What in the world?

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 7:58 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Deborah,

Could you please give details of cooking your turkey? things like temperature of the cooking chamber, and at what internal temperature you took the bird off. Did you wrap it to keep warm until serving, or did you go straight to the table? Did you cook it direct, or indirect? How did you keep the juices from drying out and scorching in the catch pan? One last thing, this is the first I have seen of the turkey setter, when did it become available, and what is the cost? Is it available for purchase ATTM? I probably couldn't get one in time for this Thanksgiving, but hopefully there will be a Thanksgiving in 2009 as well.

So let me get this straight. A guy who has posted 440 times and has been registered for over 2 and half years doesn't know how to cook a turkey on his POS-K? A guy who is an outspoken member of a la-de-da Food and Wine forum doesn't know how to cook a turkey? Nope. This is FanBoyExtraordinaire Bobh, who will do anything to keep his beloved POS-K forum alive and active. At least that is not as bad as good old DJ posting 5-year old photos of past Thanksgivings trying to keep the forum alive. I guess that was back in the good old days when she could still hold a camera still. The things they won't do to try to give the impression that Kamado is a viable business....
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 am    

POS Turkey Setter!

I bought a Turkey Setter a long time ago for an old K that I had. I have cooked a few turkeys with it but I have never really been able to figure out the design and how it is supposed to work. What is the purpose of it being two pieces? I have used the bottom spear to impale a ham. I have also used the top funnel to beer butt chickens on. But what is the purpose of the funnel on top. Is it to hold fruit? It does'nt fit very stable and it's always krooked and loose. I think it's a stupid design. Maybe I just don't understand it? It has almost become obselete. This year I plan to butterfly a turkey. I really like the way chickens come out that way. Any ideas or is it just another POS by the Kompany?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 am    

The Turkey setter in all it's glory.

This Thanksgiving I am going to try using the turkey setter. What I plan to do is turn the top funnel upside down and set the turkey on it. I am still not sure if it makes sense that it is two pieces but I will see how that works. I was wondering if anyone out there still uses this thing? And how? Here is a picture posted by the kompany with the funnel up. I still can't see the benefit.Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: