Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

For the do it yourselfer!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:18 am    

For the do it yourselfer!

Quote:
Rare problem fixed: Stuck, broken, st...

Aberlian
Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 7:45 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
The powers that be tell me that this almost never happens, but it happened to me, and it was a huge pain in the neck (and a few other body parts). And now that the problem is solved, I thought I could share the fix with you.

A year ago, my upper vent (the damper) cracked. Over the twelve months or so it took to get a new damper, several other cracks appeared. So it was turning into a real problem.
But at last, the new damper arrived, and it was time to get rid of the old one.

Well, that’s when things went wrong. I unscrewed the thing about halfway, and I met a little resistance. The damper didn’t want to unscrew easily. Then, when I put a little elbow grease into it, the entire damper completely disintegrated (see the picture of “damper crumble.”)

There is more, but I think you get the idea. Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 am    

Wow! He's really drunk the Kool-Aid! That's hardly a rare occurrence and he actually believes he's the only one to have this problem!? Simply amazing.....
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 am    

I think he must have been sitting on the ground, and let the other half of the falling damper hit him on the noggin...how else do you explain his delusional "rare occurrence" thought?!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:06 am    

I just think it's rediculous to wait for twelve months to get a replacement top. I bet Aberlain even paid for it! I would have bought a new bolt and had a welder weld a round piece of plate steel on it and been done with it. Since the new one won't last anyway. When the new one breaks he will have to wait another year again. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: