Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Where is Richard????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andywhite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm    

Where is Richard????

Where does Richard reside? They used to have an address on their website. For some odd reason, I can't find it anymore. All I can say is beware!!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:21 am    

Richard lives in Las Vegas. His business address is a postal drop shop in a little strip mall. They have no facilities in the US anymore unless you consider RJ's bedroom to be the design shop, Laura's bedroom to be the sales department and Deborah's bedroom to be the kitchen. RJ tells customers to email sales because he isn't involved in sales. All he has to do is shout across the hall and let Laura know that she isn't doing her job, but no, he makes the customer email sales. Dysfunctional.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:18 am    

Home address is 7095 Wolf Rivers Las Vegas, NV 89131 according to this old post:

http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=714
andywhite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:05 am    

Legal Action??

Has anyone tried legal action against Richard? I purchased my Kamado in March '08 and have yet to recieve my side tables. I've called, emailed and faxed and of course a response is non-existent. It's not the $$. Doing business this way is illegal! This guy needs to be stopped before he takes advantage of one more person.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:16 am    

At one point I tried however he was hiding in Mexico. Problem is, is it worth it to spend a bunch of money to sue over a few hundred bucks. If I was made of money I would certainly pursue it again. I keep wishing he screws over some millionaire that has the warewithal to pursue him no matter the cost. The other fear I have is that even if you win RJ is flat broke and you won't see a dime. Again if money was not a factor it would definately be worth it.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:06 am    

Andy, you could complain to the Better Business Bureau. It probably won't help get service, but at least it helps establish his bad reputation. Would a complaint to the Nevada Attorneys General office be of any use? What about a local TV station who might have a consumer investigative reporter who goes after problems?
duck833

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:41 pm    

With the slowdown in the economy, good companies are having troubles. It amazes me that Richard can continue to do business with a bad product, bad service, bad credit, bad communications, bad marketing and I am sure bad records and systems.

Oh well!!

DW got me a large BGE for our anniversary on Friday, already did a pizza cook, fried the gasket and my local friendly dealer gave me another one. What a deal.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:28 am    

duck833 wrote:
With the slowdown in the economy, good companies are having troubles. It amazes me that Richard can continue to do business ...

What business??? There's no business. No sales, no manufacturing, no product shipping. They occasionally answer a phone and, against gargantuan odds, someone manages to send them a check. Does anyone have any evidence they sell more than one cooker every few months? They appear poised to sell a few boxes of charcoal, though their ebay charcoal sales have been nonexistent.

Even if there were absolutely no material, no labor, and no shipping costs incurred by the Johnsons in producing their few sales, i.e., the sales "are pure profit," the money generated is certainly a paltry sum compared to RJ's and Deborah's social security checks.

The girls have other jobs. I'm sure they make much more that way than via any kamado related activity.

The Johnsons' only hope for ever making a significant score with anything Kamado related is to dupe someone into buying another dealership or distributorship. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that like more typical MLM schemes, RJ probably made much more money selling stock, dealerships, and distributorships than he ever made selling any product, at least with the current K company.

I suspect that's why they continue pretending they're still in business.... in the hope that Daddy can squeak out one more dealership.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 am    

New Kamado questions. Thanks!

Quote:
Krista
Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:43 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hello,
I have still not received our thermometer for our #7 Kamado or our knob for the gas retrofit we purchased. Any news. I have emailed and I haven't received a response. Can someone email me or phone.
Thank you Krista

Richardj
Post Number: 2424
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:00 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hello Krista,
I will have one of the girls send you a private message with an update first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you.

Richard
Why can't RJ just say yes I will send them today? Why does Krista need an update on a thermometer and knob that she has waited for since September? Because they are broke and nearly out of business that's why! What happened to all of the earlier Christmas posts and high hopes. Their forum should be very busy right now with all of the new cookers that customers recieved. I'll tell you why. It's Because the ship never came in. The only time that someone actually gets their kamado is when they make a lot of noise about it. Then RJ reluctantly sends them one to quiet them down and make it look like he is still in business in hopes of landing some new deal to keep it going. Like a dealership, outlet or new partnership. The fanboys even seem to be quitting. Yes it's only a matter of time folks! It would be for the best. At least when someone needs a part they would already understand that they need to buy it elsewhere since the kompany doesn't exist any more. However RJ will probably continue to string people along with the website and continue lying to people. The Kamado Kompany is sinking just like the Nam Sang! Merry Christmas Mr. Skrewge!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 pm    

Happy Trails!

Just a follow up. I think they really are out of business. The forum hasn't had a single post since the 22nd, one whole week. Happy trails RJ. Wink
curly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:38 pm    

The Christmas sale is their biggest time of the year. They are probably just on a 2 week hiatus to rest up from the exciting and mind numbing sales numbers.

I hear 2009 is gonna be a break-out year.
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 am    

I hope that Richard the M*ther*f*c*er gets so freakin' drunk tonite that he pukes and slowly chokes to death on his own vomit.

To everyone else: Happy New Year! Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:08 am    

Now, now, we must all pray for his redemption and salvation. He will see the light some day, like on his death bed when he says he'll be good if he's allowed to live.....
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 pm    

The Spanker wrote:

The girls have other jobs. I'm sure they make much more that way than via any kamado related activity.

one $ at a time...
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:50 pm    

...shake it baby Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: