Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

So how did the Kamado Forum do in 2008?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:19 pm    

So how did the Kamado Forum do in 2008?

It's time to take a look at how the Kamado Forum did in 2008! Here's a few statistics. Disclaimer: Of course these numbers and percentages would all change if we knew exactly how many posts from angry customers had been deleted by Kamado from the forum. This analysis is only done on the posts that exist on the forum as of today.

Well, they started the year off nicely with 168 posts in the month of January. The number, though, steadily fell to an all time low of 60 is December. Obviously, customers were leaving due to the poor customer service, being ignored by the Johnsons and having their posts deleted. And of course, there were very few new posters to make up for the departing posters. There were only 6 threads that fell into the "Hi! I'm a new customer." category. In fact, one of those was a returning customer. Whew, only 5 new people felt like they wanted to join in the forum!

There were only 3 threads that fell into the "Hi! I'm a happy customer and I want to thank Kamado for a great cooker!" category. Can you believe that? Only 3?

Only 14% of the threads were questions about how to cook something, while 11% were threads about the results of cooking things. So a forum devoted to cooking on cement cookers only had 25% of the threads about cooking.

Surprisingly, only 7% of the threads were about problems with cookers, but of course, we have documented here many of the deleted threads that would have fallen into this category.

11% of the threads were complaints about poor customer service, despite the fact that the rules clearly state that you shouldn't post about this. We also know that many of these threads were deleted, but even 11% shows you that customers were desperate enough to get service that when their emails and phone calls were ignored, they even broke the forum rules in order to try to get a response from RJ and the girls.

Only 7% of the threads were about Kamado charcoal. Most of them were threads asking to pool orders. Surprising that nobody wants to talk about Richard's greatest charcoal in the world.

There was 1 thread wishing Merry Christmas, which the Johnsons didn't participate in, and of course, the 1 thread about Happy New Year from Deborah.

And finally, the statistic that everyone has been waiting for. Which category had more threads? RJ's bullsh*t posts about how he designed things and why his competitors' cookers suck? Or Deborah's incoherent posts about things she claims to have cooked? Who won? RJ or DJ? Well, it was (wait for it!) DJ! with 8 threads to RJ's 7.

I do regret that I couldn't figure out a fast way to find out how many posts were made by "Tony," the mythical customer service rep that RJ claims to have. It was surprising to see that RJ tried to perpetuate this myth into 2008!

I am predicting that next year's analysis will be much easier with fewer posts to count......

Happy New Year!!
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm    

One small forum datum re: the demise of POSKult to report:

Who's Who hasn't seen a new member introduction post since February 22, 2008 when Miss Oenophile introduced "Henry" to the POSKult. I assume the birth certificate listed Fanboy Bobh as the proud father.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: