Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Anyone have this problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:34 am    

Anyone have this problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Posted by Fishtail99 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 am:
Quote:
On the other hand, the first post of the year over at the Kamado forum is some poor fellow with a problem, lol!

Quote:
Eddie
Associate Member
Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 9:03 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
On my last smoke I noticed a small hole just below the top damper. Have emailed kamado but thought I'd post here with a pic. Not really a big deal, but worrying if it's gonna get bigger or possibly compromise the damper itself.
I had to adjust the damper to compensate for the extra smoke escaping from the hole.
Eddie
Fishtail was right! The first email of the year with a picture. Laughing

fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 pm    

Simply amazing! They can't even pour cement and fill up the mold? How can they possibly explain that? What user error resulted in a hole in the neck? Improper break-in procedure? Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy....

Oh look, RJ has responded:
Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2425
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 9:42 am:

Hi Eddie.

We have not received your email, but I might answer your question here in the mean time. This hole is caused by the one of the triangle rods that have been uncovered. Simply mash some matching thinset in this hole. We can send you some material if you wish or it is can be obtained locally. Normally tile covers these holes and all new Kamados have a "Collar" instead of the triangle rods. After another 7 years or so, you might want to retrofit to this method of attaching the damper top rod.

Try emailing me again at richardj@kamado.com if you need more information. Regards, Richard.

(Message edited by richardj on January 02, 2009)

Well, blow me down, it's 2009 and RJ and his family still can't figure out email. They are still claiming that they aren't getting emails. Uh huh.....

Uh, Richard, if there is a triangle rod in the hole, why is smoke leaking out? If you had poured the portland cement that you use in the mold correctly, there wouldn't be a hole for the smoke. Or perhaps was the owner desperately trying to get his rusted stuck damper loose, and that caused the triangle rod to crack the dome? I imagine that since RJ responded so quickly, he HAS seen plenty of this happening. jeez.....
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 am    

GRB had the same problem with his #7

GRB wrote:

Quote:
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am
The textured #7 has a bullet hole in the neck (spider bolt expansion popped off the cement...looks like a bullet hole!) and the top hat is rusted part way open. I have not tried to turbo torque it because of the neck damage. I am sure it would tear the top completely off.
GRB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:24 am    

I still have a hole where the spider rod is on my black #7... but I think mine was caused by me transporting it on a trailer to a cookoff in 2004 with the top damper loose... it flopped around enough to break through.

When I got home I found the rod and a chunk of black concrete on the floor of the trailer.

At the time I patched it with some Rutland but as soon as I got it hot the rod expanded and it just pushed the patch off. Since then I have cooked on it with the hole, every now and then pushing the rod back in as it works its way out to freedem. The last 2 years the rod has been rusted shut so no kooking in the old black #7 (that I told my wife would last as lifetime when we bought it)

My hole was much larger than the OP's here and mostly my fault for bad transportation. I have the picture on my work PC... post later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: