Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Boiling ribs and cracks in his Kamado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 am    

Boiling ribs and cracks in his Kamado

Quote:
Tonbo
Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 5:40 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hi komrades, you know when you kook and use all these spices and marinades and stuff, I just have this feeling that in the end it doesn't make all that much difference.
In fact some of that stuff will get charred anyway and won't necessary improve anything. Maybe it is mostly the quality of the meat that provides true flavour. Some years ago we used to breed one pig per year for the freezer, giving the animal certain food and we found that whatever the pig ate it would have an impact on the meat and organs in particular.
We being fond of lamb have tested quite a few different tastes. Organic lamb from a local source beating all other brands and origins hands down.

Today I kooked some lambribs and a Tesco's lambshoulder from the freezer. The ribs were thrown in boiling water and left to simmer for just under half hour, put in a plate with a tablespoon of Ta Re Japanese bbq sauce and put on a hot grill 500F mark and kooked for 40 minutes, turning once.

After that, let the K kool down a little to 350 and kooked the lamb shoulder without anything on it for 3,5 hours. I enjoyed the kooking as always (my better half complaining that I am spending more time with what she refers to as the 'Blue-monster-in-the-shed' and the taste was great even though the shoulder didn't get any additional spices or treatment.

Just one thing that gets me worried is the increase in cracks throughout the body of my K7.

Oh deary, he's boiling ribs! And he has cracks in his Kamado. Sounds almost like he posted all the lamb stuff in order to slip in his comment about the cracks. How long before RJ tells him to order some M61, M62, M63 or M69?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: