Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

The fix!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck833

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm    

The fix!

Time to take a sledge hammer to them, they are toast, ready for the final trip to the dump.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:47 pm    

Photos of the destruction, please. A closeup of a few chunks would be ideal. RJ has recently stated that there is no chicken wire in his cookers. I think some evidence to the contrary would be appropriate.

Better yet, how about a video of sledgehammer meets POSK?

Thanks in advance. Wink
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 am    

I have an older #7 that's dead that I will be MORE than happy to destroy for a video.. It might take me a bit, but I'll video it's demise.

-Michael
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:06 am    

Bless you!
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 pm    

So, for the upcoming video we need to be aware of the myths that we are dispelling.. Let's start listing them and the ways we want to ram them up Richard's ass:

1) No chicken wire. This one should be easy.
2) Tiles don't fall off. I've got one that started losing tile after a couple months.

3) "Ceramic" -- pfeh -- its concrete. Not sure how to do this one except to speculate.

Anything else?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:19 pm    

How about having a piece analyzed?

Chirogyro wrote:
Quote:
3) "Ceramic" -- pfeh -- its concrete. Not sure how to do this one except to speculate
This way it would be official. How about dynamite meets POSK for a Kamado explosion? Twisted Evil
Runswithscissors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm    

Have it tested?

I would be happy to donate a few dollars toward the cost of testing. Just to see the certified results posted here.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:08 pm    

I don't know how much value is to be had from having one of his older cookers tested. We really need to know what his 2008 models are made from. He claims he is using new materials, but we suspect he adulterates it to make it cheaper. I think a visual close up of the cross section will show that his older cookers are cement and lava rock. Ceramic doesn't have rocks embedded in it....
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 pm    

Rocks?

I still have some old pictures of my #1 from when I brought it home. One time I even fit a 12 lb. wild turkey in it. I found those pictures too. I remember that I was surprised that it was gray when I was expecting white. It was also very rough inside. I am not sure if I remember any rocks embedded in it, but they may have been very fine and small? Confused
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 pm    

Chirogyro wrote:
I have an older #7 that's dead that I will be MORE than happy to destroy for a video.. It might take me a bit, but I'll video it's demise.

-Michael

OH HELL YES!!!
You'll be famous!
As Fishtail said, bless you!

You should make two versions, one you narrate, and one just with background music.Razz Razz Razz

Chirogyro wrote:
So, for the upcoming video we need to be aware of the myths that we are dispelling.. Let's start listing them ...

Anything else?

Chiro, you definitely have identified the biggies. But, if your K is cracked in any places, it might be worthwhile to explore the condition of the chicken wire in those locations... is it broken, corroded? Is it corroded in areas that are not cracked?

And, be sure to closely inspect the spider and threaded post and the lower vent guides, and the casters. See how well they're anchored. Are they corroded?

Though, if your cooker is cracked and your spider is corroded, it'll just reveal that you didn't follow proper shut down procedure. Shocked Isn't that right, Harry? Confused

fishtail-99 wrote:
I don't know how much value is to be had from having one of his older cookers tested. We really need to know what his 2008 models are made from.

Well, yes and no. Catching him in a bald faced lie about the hundreds (or perhaps even a thousand) cookers he sold before 2008 may be more significant than catching him possibly lying about the few he sold in 2008, the total of which can probably be counted on one hand.

Besides, there may be victims of his pre-2008 claims that might want to know about, and have tangible proof of, false advertising.

Unfortunately, I suspect that such analysis is probably quite specialized and expensive.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 pm    

Now your talkin'!

Spanker wrote:
Quote:
You should make two versions, one you narrate, and one just with background music.
How about the video as our opening page! Razz
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 pm    

Hell, someone could mix up some portland cement and crushed lava rock and see if they simply make a little slab the looks identical to the cooker. That might be enough. You could take a BGE pizza stone and break it to show what ceramic looks like.
outlaw99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:12 pm    

I remember seeing a BIG pile of "ceramic" material in the back of the old Sacramento warehouse. Looked alot like lava rocks
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:03 pm    

What do you mean?

Outlaw99 wrote:
Quote:
I remember seeing a BIG pile of "ceramic" material in the back of the old Sacramento warehouse. Looked alot like lava rocks
So do you think they crush the lava rocks themselves? What color were they? I would think that they would buy pre-crushed in bags. But with RJ who knows? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: