Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

So, which cermaic cooker is reputable?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optionyout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 am    

So, which cermaic cooker is reputable?

I almost purchased one and thanks to this forum I feel saved. Those Christmas prices seemed incredible. Which companies have some of you found to be reputable? These grills are beautiful.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:58 pm    

They are all reputable EXCEPT for Kamado.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm    

Congratulations.....

On not purchasing a POSK. You really dodged a bullet. Any other brand should be a good choice. Kamado is the only one made of chicken wire wrapped in cement.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm    

Yes, Kamado is the only one to avoid. You may never get anything if you order from them, many don't. But even if you do it will be a POSK. And then you will never be able to get any service....EVER.

And obviously it's even possible to get a defective ceramic grill from any of the other companies, but they will replace the defect if you are one of the unlucky few.
gladididnt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 pm    

Which Ceramic?

I have 3 BGE and have had only one problem, the firebox cracked on account of an explosion caused by myself.
Alcohol may have been a factor! Embarassed
All I did was contact my BGE rep--- sent him a couple of pic's and---new firebox no charge.
I have heard good things about the other "real" ceramics as well, but have no personal experiance.
BTW this forum saved me from buying a POSK.
duck833

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:17 pm    

bge

I know there are lots of ceramic cookers. It appears that BGE has the largest dealer network and customer base. Nice just going down the street to buy bge lump, accessories, etc.

I love my BGE and have assisted many friends, family and clients with them.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:06 pm    

Hey Duck!

You sound much happier since you broke free from the shackles that bound you and the kamado co. together. Literally. Congratulations on your BGE success!

Here's another thought.....

RJ fools people into buying a kamado and then holds them hostage. If you upset them they banish you from interacting with them. When they break the lines of communication the customers are left at a loss for service. Heaven forbid if you need parts you are really screwed.

Just take a look at BobH in the other thread who is clearly frustrated at the kompany and then humbly thanks them for a response rather than risk his fanboy/prophet relationship with RJ. Curly's right it is a Kult. Evil or Very Mad
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 am    

And isn't it a shame.....

And isn't it a shame that a prospective ceramic buyer would even think about asking the question about which ceramic manufacturers are reputable? RJ has managed to create doubt about the entire industry through his lies and fraud. He owes an apology to a lot more people than just the ones he has screwed directly.
mamak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 am    

does anyone have a KomodoKamado?

Are they really an improvement? I really like the look of the tiles but don't want to get stuck if it has similar problems. We have a friend that has a BGE and loves it but wishes he would have gotten the biggest one since he cooks for lots of friends on the weekends. thx
The Spanker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 am    

I don't have a KK but would like to someday.

You'll find plenty of people here that do have them since many of the original members of this board are Johnson kamado refugees and first met on the kk forum where our bitching about the Kompany was originally tolerated.

This forum is the result of us wearing out our welcome, at least re: all the POSK negativity.

I'm sure you'll get several opinions, most of them very favorable. But on the whole, we try to refrain from publicly steering anyone towards any particular manufacturer lest our credibility be compromised.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 am    

I will second everything The Spanker just stated. I do have a KK as well as a POSK, and I will say that the KKs are definitely an improvement. The single biggest improvement is the fact that the manufacturer stands behind his product.

Functionally, it is bigger than a BGE, and is about 3 times as thick, making it more efficient with the heat. It also comes loaded with all the accessories you might need, albeit with a higher initial cost. You will have to weigh those factors for yourself.

My advice to you is to peruse the KK forum, especially the section for "see a KK in your area". There are many people who will be willing to let you inspect their grill in person before making a decision - maybe one is local to you? Kicking the tires in person was very helpful for me to realize the differences between the KK and POSK, and I also stopped into the local BGE store, too.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:47 pm    

I think that you will find that there are many superiorities, however I agree you probably need to bring this to the KK forum. Many of us there have had experience with both.
optionyout

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am    

I really liked the idea of gas for quick bbq and the ones I'm seeing don't have that feature. Thanks everyone for replying.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:08 pm    

Niether does kamado........

optionyout wrote:
I really liked the idea of gas for quick bbq and the ones I'm seeing don't have that feature. Thanks everyone for replying.
They claim to offer a gas option but as you can see at the site forum and here the customers can't get their parts for it. Even if they could it's only the beginning of so many more problems to follow. I do small cooks all the time. Lump charcoal lights and get's up to temperature pretty fast. I also find that real ceramic is the way to go. Good luck on whichever choice you make.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:20 pm    

Do you realize that they only recommend the gas option for starting the charcoal? It really isn't intended to be used for cooking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: